January 30, 2012

angels

This whole adoption thing is not for the faint of heart.
There's a lot of ups and downs and I've barely stepped off the starting line.
And I knew that before I started, or rather, I was told that by friends and social workers alike,
but to hear it and to experience it are two different things.
Still, I persevere.
And most days I find joy.
Because each day means that I am one step closer to the finish line,
one step closer to holding Little Bean
one step closer to fulfilling my dream of becoming a mom.

And along the way I have had countless angels that have lifted me up.
People like my good friend Jen back in Toronto who sent me the most beautiful card the other day.
"God calls you to the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet."
(Frederick Buechner)
So exactly what I needed to hear that day.
How did she know?

So to everyone who has sent me a little love
This is me sending it back to you.
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

4 comments:

Kim said...

I have been going through something similar...starting the journey to motherhood. It's difficult, scary and sometimes patience grows thin!
I must tell you, Candice, that you are inspiring to me! I read your blog when I am in need of inspiration...so thank you!
Kim

Jolene said...

That is a wonderful card! ... it's a tough world, and even more so because most friends and family don't understand. So, little pick me ups like this mean so much!!

A friend sent me a little card the other day that said...

"A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey that she will become strong." unknown

Candice said...

Thanks so much Kim! I'd love to hear more about your journey.
Love that quote Jo! Sounds like you have some angels of your own!!

Our Russian Adopted Princess said...

hey Candice, thanks for posting on my blog...glad that my little Ava Grace can bring inspiration, and adoption is a wonderful thing, hard, exhausting, frustrating, but oh so worth it...love all the quote from cards! can't wait to read more of your journey!