Decisions decisions decisions...
I talked with the program coordinators yesterday to discuss regions
(excited to be at this stage!)
and basically I have 3 options.
One that is established, quite far from Moscow and has had successful placements to single women
where I would be second on the wait list
(I am requesting a girl under the age of 3)
And then 2 regions that are new to our agency but have had many successful placements from other
Canadian and US agencies
They are both closer to Moscow
one is a big city
one looks to be considerably smaller
where I would be the first person on the wait list for my little bean.
Being a "pioneer" of sorts does not concern me
this whole process has proven to be a new adventure
so I'm kind of leaning to the new program in the big city...
...I think.
(the city looks really nice, with lots of things to see and do while we're there
definitely a place I could see myself going back to in later years
with the not-so-little bean
AND in my internet search I accidentally managed to click on a page with a photolisting
of mail order brides from that city
and they all seemed like very attractive people.
HA!)
Does anyone out there have any thoughts?
Anything that I should be thinking about?
Is it just a guy feeling that I should be going on?
A gut feeling that will change my entire life.
(Oh my)
Help
3 comments:
This is so exciting Candice!! So this is going to happen very soon then?
My decision would be based around the orphanages themselves. How are the children cared for etc? I would want to know that my child had the best start possible to reduce any future problems.
It's a 2 sided coin however - I do realize. Where on one hand, you would like to save the child who is in the worst situation - but on the other, you want to increase your odds of having a healthy placement/attachment.
Good luck... I can't wait to watch this all unfold for you!
PS - I love my shirt! ;)
Hi Candice,
If one of your choices happens to be Volgograd I would highly recommend choosing it. All three orphanages are solid and the city itself is breathtaking and very safe. I dis the second trip solo and felt completely safe.
I am so very excited for you!
Heather and Roman
Hi! I never really had a choice. But I loved the little city Vera came from. There wasn't much to do but it was so awesome because in town everyone knew everyone and was so great to see that amongst a community. However, had I had to spend a 10 day wait there I might have been a bit intimidated at first...but I know now, going back I wouldn't. since I know what to expect. The town where court was...Stavropol.. It was a big town and I walked to the mall and shopped alone and felt totally safe. But I've travelled on my own before and feel comfortable doing so. I'm not 100% sure but most towns I think have squares, etc where people gather and I sat and people watched in both towns. I even did that in Moscow :-). So no advice but maybe some insight that no matter where you will get used to it and feel comfortable....
Post a Comment