March 21, 2012

something in the air

I think there's a touch of spring fever in the air at the lodge.
While chatting with one of the ladies on the second floor this evening she confided in me,
"We had this boat, a yacht you might call it, 75 feet, big enough to sleep everyone,
and we sold it to some people who, what do you call it when people get together
and have a lot of sex?"
"uh..." (I am genuinely at a loss for words, or rather, appropriate words)
She carries on.
"Well, of course, when we found out that that's what they were doing, you know, 
having a lot of sex with strangers for money on our boat - a brothel!  That's what its called.
When we found out that that's what they were doing on our boat...well...the government
intervened and bought it back.  No way they said is anyone have big sex parties on that boat."
(Perfectly understandable.)

And then later as I passed N in the hallway I casually said, "How's your day going?"
And he replied, "Oh just fine.  I can't really tell you what I did, because the truth is, 
I don't remember much, but most days are pretty - I'm sorry - did you just say 
you wanted to slip into a quiet room and have sex with me?"
"Uhhhh...no." (Masking my shock with a smile)
"Really?  Well isn't that something."

Yup.  It sure was.

No comments: