So for the past couple of weeks my (amazing) mom and sister
have been taking private Russian lessons with me
and let me just tell ya':
I had forgotten how tough it is to learn something completely new.
Yikes!
Hats off to all the students out there.
(No, I'm serious)
My brain is being stretched in ways I had completely forgotten
as I struggle to understand this crazy thing called the Cyrillic Alphabet
and all the wacky and wonderful sounds that make up this language.
As tough as it is,
I'm secretly loving it.
I love the challenge
and I love the idea that I will be able to communicate with not just my LB
but also the people over there when I go.
Kinda cool.
Our tutor is all kinds of awesome.
His name is Anton
and he's the real deal.
He comes with an accent and everything
(hehehe)
He has an excellent sense of humour
and so so SO much patience for the three of us.
Last night he sent me an email
(please keep in mind that we have had exactly TWO lessons with this man)
Here's what he sent me:
Привет, Кэндис!
Спасибо, что подвезла меня вчера до метро.
Следующий урок можно провести в тот же день и то же время.
ВТОРНИК 19:00
С уважением,
Антон
Спасибо, что подвезла меня вчера до метро.
Следующий урок можно провести в тот же день и то же время.
ВТОРНИК 19:00
С уважением,
Антон
Um yeah...
He kinda lost me after "Hi Candice!"
(which is the first line for all of my non-Russian speaking friends
which I believe, is all of you, unless someone is keeping secrets from me)
Can I just tell you how painfully slowly I read through the rest of that email?
and that I kinda had to cheat and use google translate
just to make sure I'd read it right.
But I got it.
Eventually.
You're welcome for the ride to the subway Anton,
and we will indeed see you next Tuesday at 7pm.
Paka!
I've got some serious studying to do before Tuesday.
3 comments:
Good for you!! That will reap some serious rewards for you someday. (Is Anton cute? ;))
Awww shucks.... I thought it was an invite for a date! Ha!
HA! You ladies crack me up! Anton is very cute, but alas he is married and he's about 3" too short for me. ;)
Post a Comment