I realized that I never showed you the finished results of my quilt project.
This one is a queen size.
I have to say that the actual quilting of it was a giant pain
only because it was so awkward to keep on the table and push through the machine,
but now that its done, I think it was well worth the effort.
I am so pleased with how it turned out.
The colours, the pattern, everything.
Its perfect.
Saturday afternoon I finished up this little project.
My good friend Andria is getting married the weekend after I get back from Toronto
and she asked me if I would make the flower basket and ring pillow
as my gift to her.
I wanted to get them done before I left
so I wouldn't be rushing them at the last minute.
And now just for a smile
I came across this 'advice' the other day
and thought it was too funny not to pass along.
Definitely the rules by which I sew!

1 comment:
I love the sewing advice! It would be nice to roll back the clock and be able to stay at home and make home and family our primary focus. Instead we have to squeeze in 40 hours of work o/s of home, run kids to music lessons, sports practice, bd parties, etc and still make sure they don't stray toward "trouble". In our spare time we shop, clean, cook, help with homework, wipe tears and give advice and all with a smile and a hug. Let's not forget about the family pets and the care they need. The women in my life all deserve gold medals for the balancing act they perform every day and the many things they find time to accomplish, usually putting themselves last. mm (The quilt is absolutely beautiful!)
Post a Comment