It seems like everyone has advice for me these days
and while a lot of it is extremely helpful
some of it... well... makes me pick up the phone late at night and giggle with my mom.
Statements like:
"You know she isn't going to speak english"
"You know this is going to change your life forever."
"You know this is going to change your life forever."
"So you're going to Siberia. You know that's one of the coldest places on the planet. I googled it."
and my personal favourite:
"I was telling my friends Bob and Sue about what you're doing and I don't want to scare you BUT
they have some friends
who's sister knows a couple that adopted a little boy from Russia
and the doctors there said he was fine
and then years later he had some health problems
and now they wish they'd never adopted him."
(insert dramatic pause where we lock gazes)
"I hope that didn't scare you too much.
I just thought you should be prepared."
(Oh my my my. The things I wish I could have said to that fellow...)
At the studio tonight one of my little tappers asked how LB was.
I smiled and said she was doing well
and then the funniest thing came out of her mouth.
She said, "When (LB) gets home, will she call you Miss Candice just like us?"
"No, she'll call me mom"
"You wouldn't want her to call you by your real name?"
"Mom will be my real name to her."
hehehe so cute
At the studio tonight one of my little tappers asked how LB was.
I smiled and said she was doing well
and then the funniest thing came out of her mouth.
She said, "When (LB) gets home, will she call you Miss Candice just like us?"
"No, she'll call me mom"
"You wouldn't want her to call you by your real name?"
"Mom will be my real name to her."
hehehe so cute
2 comments:
whaaaat??? you mean she hasn't been given a "crash course" in english this month?! and really, are you SURE that you want to go somewhere THAT cold? couldn't you have picked hawaii or san diego?? eve gently mentioned last night that i might want to pick up a few bags of frozen perogies from the ukranian cultural hall last night, just so LB has some familiar food when she comes home. i think you are going on a grand adventure! the coldest route to motherhood ever!! xoxo rach
FYI, Candice (in case you didn't know,) life is tough. I should know; after all, it's hard being me. Yeah, so think about that for a bit. ;)
CB
Post a Comment