my Christmas spirit.
I just can't find it within myself this year.
For the first time in my life I'm just not feeling all holly jolly.
I haven't purchased a single gift, written out any cards, or put up my tree.
I haven't made shortbread
(a tragedy within itself right there.)
I will blame the lack of decorations on these never ending renovations that I find myself trapped in.
My contractor who comes over for long spells
yet seems to get minimal things accomplished.
Leaving doors inconveniently leaned against walls for days at a time
and half finished projects in every room.
A one man tornado of tools and messes that I am perpetually cleaning up.
The frustration of washing my kitchen counters
only to have him turn on his electric saw the next morning
and leave a fine mist of sawdust over every square inch of my kitchen.
Oh the bliss.
The job that was only supposed to take 2 weeks has now stretched to week 4
(and I still have no baseboards)
my budget creeping ever upwards
the whole thing made more complicated by the fact that my contractor goes by the name of dad.
Its a slow descent to madness here on the corner of Ross Street.
I've learned to keep my tea pot clean and have let the rest of the cleaning go.
(Because it was that, or my sanity
which is already in extremely short supply.)
And while I'm on the tangent of things not going according to plan
I've learned that I won't be hearing of my court date until January.
My paperwork is currently in Ottawa.
They expect it back in early January at which point it will be couriered to Kemerovo.
Then I will be issued a court date approximately 4 weeks later.
So realistically I'm looking at mid-February
which isn't bad, I know.
There are people who have waited much longer than me
I know
BUT
There is this pain in my heart that I just can't shake
and its making everything
the holidays especially
so hard to enjoy.
They say that the adoption journey is a roller coaster of emotions
and that's very true
so let me say that this part I'm in right now
this valley
this is the worst
the absolute worst part of it
for me.
This feeling of being away from her
is indescribable
the pain
the emptiness
is a constant ache.
And every well-meaning person in my life that asks me
"have you heard anything?"
only reminds me that I have not.
So if you are one of those people that knows me in real life
please don't ask me questions
please know that all I need right now is the biggest hug you have.
4 comments:
this is the darkest time but it will make your reunion ever so much more amazing. Love you to the end of the earth....you are so close love.
it's always darkest before the dawn. soon soon. hang in there and remember where to get the biggest hugs. love you and i'm here anytime you need xoxo rach
Yes you can do it, reach for the light at the end of the tunnel which is attached to a beautiful soul.
Let me know if you need a hand with any of the home stuff over the break. I'm good at following directions.
:)
CB
Post a Comment