Zenya and I spent a couple of days camping in Porpoise Bay with Grandpa and Tita this week.
Yes, you read that right:
I went camping.
For those of you who know me well, I need not tell you what an impressive feat that was.
And you know what?
It was fun.
I can see why people camp
and I might even venture to say that I would do it again...
Zenya had a really good time overall
but 2 nights away from home was enough for her.
We brought the dogs which was good because I think it settled her a lot
knowing our whole family was together.
The dogs even slept in our tent.
Thisbe was actually in my bed.
So was Zenya.
It was a single air mattress.
Everyone slept well except for me squished in the middle
but I digress.
On with some pictures.
Zenya's bed, where the stuffies slept by themselves
Digging for clams
Found one!
Morning walk with the dogs
(she is so proud that she can walk Bizzee all by herself)
getting off of grandpa's boat
What's camping without hot chocolate?
First hike through the forest
First time playing in the sand.
It took her a few seconds to get used to the sensation, but then she just got right in there
digging holes
burying her hands and my feet
"beach fun mama!"
All cleaned up and having a little snack before bed.



2 comments:
I love the pic of Z walking Thisbe - they are just the right size for each other!
i LOVE the shot of her getting off grandpa's boat, with the little life jacket on.... looks like she's saying "you want me to go where??" you're a beautiful family and so blessed. love to all xoxo rach
Post a Comment