One year ago today my sister and I walked up the icy steps of an orphanage
to meet this little angel.
To say it was surreal would be an understatement.
There simply are no words for that moment.
I can still hear the sound of her little shoes walking down the tile floor
and remember how my heart stopped as she came around the corner.
She had just been woken up from her nap
and as I later learned, had been told that
"a nice lady is coming to meet you and if you're very good, she might take you home."
She was so nervous.
And now here we are one year later
racing off to dance class in her first ever Halloween costume
home for a play date with some friends visiting from the UK
then welcoming our social worker for our first official post placement visit.
We capped off the evening with a late night dip at the pool with Lace
and she fell asleep before her head hit the pillow.
I took some video of her today chasing around the park with her friends and her dog
laughing and running in the fresh air and sunshine
busy being 4.
At some point I'll get it together and post it on this blog
but not tonight.
This mama needs to wash the chlorine out of her hair and get some rest.
Happy one year Metcha Anniversary Zuzu
You are hands down the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Love,
Mama
xo



6 comments:
Happy Belated Anniversay and Birthday.
Have fun trick or treating.
Bspector@rogers.blackberry.net
Smile...you have so much to smile about
you are made for each other.Happy Halloween.Love and miss you .T and R
May you 2 only have more happiness.
You are very lucky to have each other.
Bspector@rogers.blackberry.net
Smile...you have so much to smile about.
Beautiful. SO glad she is doing so well! Such a cutie. xo Karen
Meant to be. I love your stories and your memories... But I can't help but feel the wind knocked out of me when I read that they told her if she was very very good you might take her home... Ouch. That is a hard statement for a smart cookie of a girl to understand when the process takes so long. She was good... But it wasn't her behavior that stole your heart - her smile, character, laugh... Yup - those things but not her manners and politeness. Amazing sweetness. Congrats!
Oh I know. Its hard for me to comprehend why anyone would have thought that was appropriate to say to her. And you can be sure we've already had multiple conversations around the topic. What an incredible burden to place on such tiny shoulders.
Post a Comment