Today we bundled up and headed out to get our Christmas tree.
I had to get one shot of the both of us...
Zenya is taking all of these Christmas traditions in
with open eyes
while deep thoughts run under those ringlets
Excited at moments
and surprisingly not in others.
You can see it in her eyes, can't you?
She was a little blue today
blaming it on her skirt which was just "too bunchy"
resulting in a river of tears
which really weren't about the skirt at all
but the fact that mama had to work later today.
We like our days together my girl and I.
I came so close to just cancelling our plan
when it seemed like we were just spinning our tires in the muck of the aforementioned bunchy skirt
but we persevered and I'm so glad we did.
The sight of the tree tied to the roof of our car made her laugh
and she proudly helped me carry it into the backyard where its waiting for the weekend to be over
so we can bring it in to decorate.
The sight of the tree tied to the roof of our car made her laugh
and she proudly helped me carry it into the backyard where its waiting for the weekend to be over
so we can bring it in to decorate.
The candy cane was not a hit.
"mama, Zuzu nee like-a this. Eta no tasty delicious."
No comments:
Post a Comment