October 31, 2011

happy halloween

Let me tell ya,
if you're a dog, Halloween is most likely your least favourite holiday of the year.
What sets Finn and Thisbe on edge is the firecrackers.
I came home from work this evening to two frantic dogs that have been 
glued to my side ever since I walked in the door.
I actually gave Finn a gravol just to calm him down, poor fella.
Now they're up here on the couch with me (a rare treat)
and we're all snuggled down for the evening.
I have the tv on AND a load of laundry in trying to block some of the sounds from outside.
Its not entirely working, but we're pretty cozy.


And just because I couldn't resist, 
this is a picture of Thisbe from several Halloweens ago.
It was the only year I attempted to dress her up
because even though she looked adorable, she was miserable.
For your viewing pleasure:


Happy Halloween!


4 comments:

Kim said...

Candice, I love them! Everytime a look at their faces, I can't help but smile!

Candice said...

Thanks Kim. :) I think they're pretty awesome myself.

Anonymous said...

My Jack had an okay Halloween this year. The fireworks didn't bother him or freak him out. So I guess there's one good thing about your hearing slowly going.
Tess Bergman :)

Candice said...

That's funny because as Thisbe's hearing has progressively gotten worse, her fear of Halloween has subsided. Finn on the other hand seems to get more anxious every year. Sigh...