November 02, 2011

crush

There is a little old man at the nursing home where I work 
who has developed a small crush on me as of late. 
He is this short, (at one time) stocky Italian fella
who likes to wear jaunty felt hats when he goes outside and has a vast assortment of plaid shirts.
He claims to be 117 years of age, but in actuality is a mere 97.  
He drinks jager straight up during happy hour
and when he talks about his son and daughter
his eyes light up like a Christmas tree until he glows.
It is beautiful.

He has asked me to marry him 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
I am flattered.
And after last night's (unsuccessful) proposal I remembered a scene from The Harvey Girls 
(I love old musicals)
where Stephen McNally's character asks Angela Lansbury's character to marry him and she says:
"No dice Goldust.  But keep askin'.  Its good for my morale."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Candice, you are so funny! I just love your stories!!!!! MM

Candice said...

:) I love you.
xo