I was blessed beyond words this Christmas.
Shortly before the holidays I received notice from the agency that the fees for Russia
were about to increase substantially.
I am still mid-homestudy with an ETA of February/March to have it complete.
Once I have received the thumbs up from the Ministry
I can proceed with registering in the Russia program at which time a large chunk of fees will be due.
Then along came this notice with an offer to let me pay the old amount
before January 1st and avoid the increase.
Absolutely.
But how and where I was going to come up with this large amount on such short notice
was the cause of a lot of worry to me.
Then Christmas happened
My amazing family gifted me money and even went so far as to hold a 50/50 draw
on behalf of my adoption after our turkey dinner.
Most amazing of all though was my sister's gift:
She designed the most beautiful tshirts to sell as a fundraiser and had already raised over $2000 in advance sales to her friends and professors at UofA.
I was shocked and humbled.
Her generosity of spirit,
and the support and love that was flowing off of those pages and pages of names.
People I have never met
that want this to happen
was more awe inspiring than I can put into words.
It is one thing to have a dream.
It is quite another to have people you love and people you've never met
stand up behind you and want that same dream for you.
Miracles happen.
3 comments:
Wow Candice! You have many angels in your life and you deserve all this and more because you have an enormous heart!! I am so filled with joy for you, my beautiful friend!! xoxo
I am so happy to be following your blog! Thank you for sharing it with me :)
Awww! It is one thing to have a supportive family, but a completely different thing to have an 'active' supportive family. You are blessed with a great family!!
Post a Comment