A Buddhist monk was walking on a beach with his apprentice the morning after a fierce storm.
Thousands of starfish had been washed up and stranded on the shore.
Stooping down, the monk carefully lifted a single starfish from the sand
and gently placed it into the water.
His young apprentice gazed along the shoreline at the thousands of starfish that lay before them.
Feeling hopeless, he wondered aloud
why his master would bother with one creature
when it would make little difference to the stranded mass...
does a small act, such as this really matter?
As they walked along the beach, the monk stopped and picked up another starfish.
He lowered his hands into the water
and releasing the starfish replied:
it matters to this one.
These beautiful tshirts were designed and printed in Edmonton AB by the lovely and talented Natasha.
And if you think these are awesome, you should check out some of her other work at
If you'd like to purchase a tshirt I've made it super easy.
Just hop over to the fundraising page and click!
Just hop over to the fundraising page and click!

10 comments:
LOVE IT! (I had forgotten about this beautiful story.)
I need to know 2 things - how do the woman's sizes fit, and is your grass really that green?
The women's sizes fit long and a little slim. I'm wearing a medium and it comes to my hip bones (I'm 5'11). My bust is about a 36" and my waist is around 28" (on a good day. HA!)
And no. My grass is not that green. That was a little help from photoshop. ;)
Hi Candice
(I think. I'm a little confused?)
Are you the (very artistic and creative) silk screen artist or the kind hearted lady who is trying to adopt from Russia and staying cautiously optimistic?
I am interested in purchasing a tee shirt (small or medium I guess)for my wife... the beautiful forever Mom of our two wonderous adopted children (2 1/2 years and 3 months)She is the love of my life... and the reason for our family.
So, if you are the soon to be forever Mom... You are right, adoption is a roller-coaster and the tickets may cost alot emotionally and financially but he ride is worth it.
If you are the struggling entrepreneurial silkscreen artist, I'd love to buy a tee shirt or two (and maybe a whole lot more...).
Please let me know.
Best Regards,
David
nsyd@cfl.rr.com
Hi David,
I'm the cautiously optimist mom-to-be but I am also the one selling the tshirts that were designed by Natasha. You can purchase one by going over to the Fundraising tab and clicking on the Donate button at the bottom. That will take you to paypal and from there you just enter in the total that you're paying and in the message box let me know the size and style. :)
I think that's fantastic that you and your wife have 2 children through adoption! Your wife sounds like a wonderful woman. :)
Ordered, but forgot to mention - ladies Large. Please ;)
First, thanks for commenting on my blog...I'll definitely be following along!!!
Second. I LOVE the shirt. I had a shirt idea that never came to fruition. I think it's a great way to raise funds! I will be getting one for sure!!! I may even have to tattoo this saying ... Love love love
Third, do you mind if I share it and your link to purchase on my blog and maybe get it out more people??
I'll be catching up on your blog but again, so excited to meet others and share in their journey!
Wow! Thanks Tracy - I would love a little shout out on your blog. Every little bit helps, right? :)
I just received my shirt and I love it! I love the length and the cut of the shirt. I'll be posting about it on my blog very soon :)
http://www.pressingin.com/2012/02/t-shirt-adoption-fundraisers.html
Yay Denise I'm so glad you like it! :)
xo
Post a Comment