February 12, 2012

little girls

I went on a date tonight.
With a couple of girls I teach at the studio.
Oh. My.Goodness.
The laughter.
11 and 12 is such a magical time for little girls,
because they are still just that - little girls,
and yet
you can see the change starting to happen
in the way they've taken so much care with their hair 
the earrings that match their tops
and the little purses slung over their skinny shoulders.
So precious.
Little girls changing into teenagers right before your eyes.
I love it.
I love the questions
and the serious conversation
followed by ridiculous hilarity.
I love their innocence and beauty, 
their joy and their strength
and best of all I love their passion for fun.
This evening was such a gift
the perfect way to end my week
because truthfully, this has been a heck of a week for me
but hanging with these two just put a smile back on my face
and I plan to keep it there...

No comments: