I am blessed for many many reasons.
Tonight I will tell you I am blessed to still have my grandma in my life.
Nan
My mom's mom.
The heart of our family.
She taught me how to make blackberry jam and how to braid my hair
and she was the first (and only) person to wash my mouth out with soap!
I remember sleepovers at her house when I was small
where I fought with Lacey over who got to wear her pink nightgown
(much coveted because of the lace detail and matching housecoat)
playing 'go fish' and dancing to Kenny Rogers for her and grandpa.
Sugar cookies
and bowtie pasta
and towels warmed in the dryer.
I remember her chasing us with the wooden spoon while we shrieked with laughter
and begging her to wiggle her dentures around in her mouth for us.
"Do it again Nanny!!"
And she would move them all around and moan like a ghost, sending us both into a fit of hysteria.
She's a beautiful woman.
And I love her so.
Nan and mom 1951
Nan and mom 2010

No comments:
Post a Comment