May 25, 2012

chocolate, quilt, and fence news

Was 11am too early to break out one of these?
Thanks, I didn't think so either...
(did I mention I didn't get up until 9?)


My quilt pieces:
I love how they look all lined up ready to go.


This one's my favourite.
Such a pretty strawberry red.  Its perfect.



And as promised, here's the fence!
Front view 


Side view


We still need to paint it, but the wood needs to dry out a bit first.
I was thinking green with black trim along the side
and then all black in front.
Any thoughts?
I picked up a really pretty yellow clematis to plant by the gate
so in a few years we should have a beautiful overhanging vine of yellow flowers at the entry.
Eek!
So pretty.


And now an update on the finger situation for all concerned...
(WARNING THIS IS GROSS)
He had an appointment with a specialist because there is a possibility that they will need to amputate 
the top of his finger because of how deeply he gouged out the nail bed.
They discovered today at the appointment that he actually tore the ligament off of his thumb
when the wood ricochetted off of said finger.
He is in a cast and awaiting an emergency surgery to have it reattached.
No word on the nail bed.  
The stitches weren't ready to come out as its still bleeding
but at this point the ligament seems to be the biggest concern.
He's in good spirits.


2 comments:

Jolene said...

I wish I had half your energy! The dress is beautiful... quilt will be beautiful...
I hope they fix your Dad up - back to normal!

Candice said...

Thank you!
He actually went in for surgery today. They estimate it will take him a good 6 weeks to recover. :( So much for fishing and riding his motorcycle - his 2 main hobbies.