Yes that's right
I got my first piece of fan mail the other day.
The director's daughter came to watch a bit of rehearsal on Thursday.
She's 4.
She sat behind the table with her dad absolutely mesmerized by what was going on,
I don't think she moved the entire hour she sat there
except to lean over and whisper
"When are they going to start again?"
whenever he'd stop us to fix something.
There were a lot of tears when her mom told her it was time to go,
"But its not fair. They aren't done yet. Its just not fair."
And then she gave us a sad little wave and reassured us all,
"Don't worry. I'll be back again. I'm coming to see you rehearse some more real soon."
The next morning her and her mom popped in to drop off some homemade cookies
(honestly, how great is this job?)
and she handed me this little card.
So sweet.
(Dear Candice, you are very scary in the play. Clara)
Last week I was a guest at the director's mother's house,
hence the address on the envelope!
No comments:
Post a Comment