Oh! What's that sound?
I think its the sound of Candice hitting her head against the wall,
I think its the sound of Candice hitting her head against the wall,
a wall of bureaucracy and endless paperwork...
Here's the latest twist in my adoption...
I had my home study done and was approved to adopt a little girl under the age of 3.
I made one final plea to my agency to find out if little Larissa was still waiting
before we couriered it off to Russia
and found out she was.
Elation.
We scrambled and had to re-write a bunch of my dossier
including upping the age of child I could adopt from 3 to 6 years
Then off it went to Russia last month
and there it now sits on the facilitator's desk.
Now that Larissa is no longer available
I would like to go back to my original request of a girl under the age of 3.
So I ask:
Can we just keep the age that's currently on my dossier
birth to age 6
(because that includes age 3)
but ask for a child as young as possible within that parameter?
(which is perfectly logical to me)
No such luck
Get out your pen for some paper signing Candice
and get out your cheque book again,
because it all needs to be
notarized
legalized
and translated
before it can be signed sealed and delivered.
How long will this take?
Not sure I want to know at the moment
I just need to keep moving in the direction I believe is forward
(as soon as my head stops throbbing.)
1 comment:
BS!... that's all I have to say about that illogical decision.
Post a Comment