I'm still here.
Lest you think my grief just swallowed me up and I haven't moved off of my couch since my last post
fear not.
I'm movin' and shakin' in my corner of the world.
Paperwork.
I think I'm through most of it.
Medical
check
Criminal background #2
check
financial statements, deed to my house, letter of employment,
a certificate stating I am not mentally insane
(not joking)
check check check and... check (phew!)
I still need to track down a letter from the mortgage company
and a letter from the College of Physicians that my doctor is in fact licensed to practice medicine
and has the authority to sign off on my physical and mental well being.
I will also need to get a chest xray and skin test for TB
AND a series of blood tests for every STD known to man.
Russia leaves no stone unturned people.
Rest assured.
If I can get all of this in by the end of the month
my main guy Alex back in Kemerovo thinks he can get me a mid-January court date.
Yes please!
And just in case you worried that wasn't keeping me quite busy enough
I am (drumroll please) ecstatic to say that I am finally moving upstairs in our awesome little house.
So excited!!!
However, before I move up there, I am re-painting, re-flooring and re-lighting
the whole thing.
So in between the paper work, the choreography
(did I mention that I have 11 solos and duos that I'm choreographing?
11
On top of my group numbers.
Do I have that much creativity in me?
Heavens I hope so...)
and the course I'm finishing up in the next 3 weeks through UVic
I'll be renovating and moving.
Uh huh.
I sense a Christmas collapse of sorts in my future...
just sayin'.
The colour palate for Little Bean's bedroom:
I had originally planned to do it all pink and green
but after meeting my girl and learning that she shares her mama's penchant for red
well
I re-vamped my plans a little.
If you recall, that's the quilt I made back in July,
the fabric on the right is now a spiffy set of drapes complete with black out fabric on the back
(for those afternoon naps she still takes)
My too awesome for words sis Lacey, bought LB that wonderful painting at the back
(which was the inspiration for the colour palate in the first place)
and the too cute desk and chair was a little DIY project I tackled this summer.
This is what it used to look like:
I know I know
Too cute.
How do I have time to be so awesome, right?
Its a mystery to me too people.
xo
PS.
thanks for all the love you have all been sending me.
Cards
chocolates
tea dates where you pour over the hundreds of pictures on my computer
and tell me how adorable my girl is
(yes, I'm talking to you Rachel)
and the heartfelt encouraging emails from my fellow adoptive mamas.
and the heartfelt encouraging emails from my fellow adoptive mamas.
You keep me going
and I love you so hard for it.

3 comments:
Because she IS adorable!!! Keep on keeping on sister, you're doing juuuuust fine. xoxo "auntie rachel"
LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors! The desk is TO.DIE.FOR. You are plugging away at the to do list. Yay you! All the paperwork is mind boggling. I remember when the judge looked at each one in court. I thought to myself. Well thank goodness she looked and read thru it. Made all the hours of driving around that much more worthwhile :-)
You are so remarkable. A super mom already. ;)
T
Post a Comment