May 28, 2013

being a mom Day 2

It's going well!
Today we each had some firsts.
For example:
Zenya enjoyed her first banana


And I enjoyed my first shower with an audience
(sorry, no photo)
Oh and can I just tell you what a quick shower it was?
I was freaked out to leave her alone in the room
scared of what she'd get into.
Nothing happened of course.
She spent the entire 2 minutes flicking the light off and on for me
and peeking through the shower curtain to see my reaction.
Zenya loves the light switches.
She also has an obsession with my bookmark.
Likes to pull it out and move it to other parts of the room.
She'll place it on top of a chair, or under my computer for me
and then give me a sunny little smile like she's just done something very helpful.
What can you do?
I just thank her and smile back.
(going to start folding my pages over...)

We are getting to know each other
and its going more smoothly than I ever expected.
She is up for anything as long as I'm there beside her.
Her smiles were more relaxed today
her joy at moments is overwhelming.
Everything is new and exciting
much of it is scary
but she seems to be taking it all in stride.


(The sunglasses and bunny go everywhere with us)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm just catching up... Every day will be so incredible and full of firsts - your camera won't be far away. The wonder,net of being a mom is only equalled by her wonderment of HAVING a mom. This is when you get to exhale. I bet it feels wonderful. Thanks for taking me with you on the journey. I love happy endings!

Unknown said...

(Zenya in the green "grass" is a framer for sure!!!) She's such a doll! Already in love with her! xoxo rach

singletracey said...

That coats is adorable!!!!! As is Z :-)