(Oh yes, that is in fact me in my robe right out of bed this morning in all of my pre-tea splendour)
Yep.
1 day.
Tomorrow evening at 8 we will step on our BA flight to London
then from London we will fly to Moscow
where we have a rather long (17 hour) layover
before we take the 4 hour flight into Kemerovo
courtesy of Siberia Air.
Little Bean's orphanage is in a village that's 90 kms out of Kemerovo
but apparently takes 2 hours to drive to.
Kemerovo is 14 hours ahead of us for my Vancouver people
and we will be arriving there Monday morning at 6am
meeting with the ministry that day
and then hopefully driving out to the orphanage that afternoon.
"Are you excited?"
I get asked this several times a day
(along with "do you have winter boots, because its cold there you know")
HA!
mmmm, yes and no.
I think I'm more in shock, and truthfully feeling kind of numb but extremely anxious
its quite a jumble of feelings fluttering around in my stomach
but if I had to pick one,
excitement would not be at the top of my list...
...yet.
Monday morning I expect it will be a different story.
We will have the camera running and I will do my best to give you lots of updates
as we go.
Thanks for coming with me on this journey
xo
6 comments:
saying i am excited for you is a complete understatement. i am ECSTATIC. but hesitatingly (is that actually a word?) after reading the Yeti facts today. remember your yeti spray. and your bear bells. and your fleece knickers. and warm pj's. remember, you only really need one change of clothes, after all. xoxo rach xoxo
I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, Candice. Starting tomorrow!
:)
CB
Many prayers and all my blessings as you continue on this incredible journey dear one!!
When we are sure that we are on the right road there is no need to plan our journey too far ahead. No need to burden ourselves with doubts and fears as to the obstacles that may bar our progress. We cannot take more than one step at a time.
Orison Swett Marden
Go with peace and joy!
Have a safe and wonderful trip meeting your little bean. Antoinette
i think that i've probably read this post 25 times this weekend, have been checking for your next one!!! hopefully your journey went smoothly, you're not exhausted and ready for your adventure!!! thinking of you all the time.... xoxo rach
Post a Comment